Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Rear shocks

Tonight I was thinking about giving the bike a little more clearance underneath. I considered welding on a new bracket and shock pin but, then decided to try a shock from the TLR200.

Picture with the shocks that came on it measuring 12 1/2" eye to eye with about 2 3/4" travel. Not sure if these are the original factory shocks or not. They sure ride low especially with my ass on them albeit cool but, not so much when navigating through rocks or crossing water.


With the TLR200 shocks measuring 15" eye to eye with about 3 1/2" of travel. Damn that makes a big difference. I will have to modify the brake pushrod probably. I like and will go with it when it comes time. Plus it doesn't interfere with any of the rules in twinshock trials competition should the bike be used in such a manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment