Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bike Hauler Update

Well, the battery died on the Enfield so I've been driving the truck. My 1961 F100 is a 1/2 ton of fun, both to tinker on and to drive. The beauty of these older vehicles is that there are only about 8 things under the hood and you can reach them all with room to spare.

Now, I'm no mechanical genius, but I do own a Royal Enfield so at least I can say I've graduated from mechanic elementary school and moved onto jr. high. On the Ford, I replaced the starter solenoid, fuel filter, added red seat belts and replaced the shifter boot (the old one was torn so I could see straight through the floor to the asphalt). Oh, and I painted two of the rims using the index card and rattle can method.

It turns out the truck has 3 different rims and only one big tire. The other three are smaller, car tires. Nice. This might explain its endearing, jalopy-like, stance.


No comments:

Post a Comment